A guilty pleasure is something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. (source: Wikipedia). I too have a fair share of guilty pleasures.
1. Playing Sudoku justifies the time I wasted. With all the time consumed in solving puzzles, I could have done more productive things. Yet, it doesn't make me feel I've wasted any of my time.
2. Watching the Jamie Oliver, Everyday Giada, Anthony Bourdain Shows or the Food Network are fattening for me. I don't like to watch it because these shows make me hungry every time I watch it and yet, I still do every time they're on.
3. French Fries is obviously one sinful food.
4. Cyber stalking - the thrill of finding things, connecting with friends from across the miles and keeping up with the family away from home. It's not much of a bad thing but sometimes it consumes all my time when I could rather paint, plant in the garden, bake or blog.
5. Chocolates and desserts --These are the things that need no further explanations.
6. Getting a tan every summer. It is not common for a Filipina to love getting a tan, and it is somehow unhealthy but for me, it makes me feel great and sexy.
7. Popping bubble wrap. For the past few months, I am giving an extra effort for the preservation of the environment. I am for the earth-friendly movement. This earth has always been good to me and I want to give back to the environment by stopping it from destruction in my own little ways. I have been practicing a lot of ways on how to reduce the use of plastic but, oh my! popping bubble wrap is just so irresistible. Those satisfying pops just gives me a stress relief magic and a fun surprise.
8. Daydreaming. Daydreaming can be two things, it keeps you motivated and gives you room to be creative or it will remain as a lazy, non-productive pastime. In my case, it is a combination of both.
9. Cleaning my ears with cotton swabs even if it's already clean. Frequent cleaning of ears can cause problems, worse it can cause deafness. But I can't help it, it just gives me that certain kind of high when I clean my ears. Eargasmic!
Now, it's your turn, what are your guilty pleasures?