Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Hey Old Sport!

I want a man to look at me the way Gatsby looked at Daisy. And the hopeless romantic has spoken. It was just last night that I saw " The Great Gatsby " and I fell in love with it. I can watch it over and over again. It is a revealing story of what a man is capable of for love; a story of a man whose hope is high and boundless. It wowed me that there's nothing else I want to think right now but find the 1974 version of the film and look for a copy of the book. I even woke up to a dream of being born rich in the 1920's twerking with all my might in a party. No, I'm just kidding.

" So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past " - F. Fitzgerald

" I wish I had done everything on earth with you. " - Daisy

" And I like large parties. They're so intimate. At small parties there isn't any privacy." - Jordan



Not to mention, the soundtrack is simply beautiful. Listening to it, transports me to the 20's or the Prohibition period where drinking spirits gives an edge of danger and thrill that police can break up any moment. I can just imagine myself on a fancy dress and expensive fur coat in a speakeasy party walking in slow motion towards my gatsby.




A friend asked me whether the end was of a happily ever after. The way I see it, it is a happy ending yet a sad one. It is tragic yet joyful.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't watch it yet. I want to read the book first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm having a movie hang-over. I can't stop thinking about it.

      Delete
  2. i love great gatsby... i love the acting. I agree sa short review mo... Grabe ung production design, sosyal! I have not seen Young and Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in love na in love ako sa movie. hindi pa ako nakarecover from my movie-hangover. LOL

      Listen closely and you'll hear Lana Del Rey sing on the background or perhaps the melody or instrumental of the song.

      Delete