Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Life of a Pinata

When I was little, I never had birthday parties nor the lavish ones. Themed parties wasn't a craze years back. There were no goody bags, "pabitin" and "pinata". Chiffon cake, " pansit " and soda were all we had and if we get lucky , there's ice cream. I never dreamed for a grand party with hundreds of guests, all I ever dreamed for is a simple yet pretty one. I like to play with themes and all the details. This is why I chose to enjoy preparing a party for the little ones.

Pinata is a container made often of paper-mache, pottery or cloth and decorated, filled with small toys and/or candy, and then broken as part of a ceremony or celebration.(source) It is hanged up to be broken with a stick by a blindfolded celebrant. As the goodies are released, children or guests gather to collect them. However, for those who do not wish to use a pinata bat, you can opt for a pull string pinata wherein strings are suspended to easily release the goodies, which are safe for kids of all ages. Pinatas have evolved to be the star of the party. Here in the Philippines, we call a pinata, " paluan ng palayok " which we only use clay pots. In comparison, paper-mache pinata is more fun than clay pots, considering that you can customize the design and shapes of the former.

Because I love the arts and crafts, here are some of the pinatas I've made. Tud-dah!  

 








5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see one of your pinyata for a bridal shower. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this but I'm surprise how good they are. I also heard that you made a Penis Pinata for your friends birthday. I want a vajayjay pinata on my birthday, hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LiLi and leonayu , just wait for it, I will post it soon.;)

    ReplyDelete