Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

AYJIDIT!

From getting my student driver's permit to the renewal of my license, my Papang has always been there for me. Since 2005, when my driver's license expired and on that same year my Papang died, I never had it renewed. I didn't have the guts to do it myself. I can never do it alone. I can never do it without him. That was what I thought.

So basically, I have been driving for 4 long years without a license. I know that it's illegal but I'm correcting it this time. I'll be going on an adventure with my loyal, trustworthy and dependable friend which my Papang gave me when I turned 18, "Lefty" ( that's her new nickname, I used to call her "Black Mamba"). I think it's about time to renew my license without my Pop's help. To where I'll be going, it isn't the same in my town where I could just wink at the Police Officer or just wave at them as if I am "somebody's" daughter. It's about time to let go of my dependence to my father and do things without him ...do things on my own.


I didn't have an eye test. I guess they don't really use this Snellen' s chart at all. It only served as a decoration.

IMG_3372

This was where the thumb marking happened. Thumb and the rest of my fingers marking. Can you see me on that screen? My mugshot! Hahahahaha.
IMG_3373

They never checked my blood pressure. They asked me what's my usual blood pressure instead. I knew the routine of lazy employees. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.
IMG_3376

Third world women's urinal. I had to go and squeeze it for a urine sample.
IMG_3377

Trickle. Trickle. Trickle to the last drop.
IMG_3378

This is Yvonne. We went to the same high school. She is now one of the big lady bosses in LTO. Thanks to her, I didn't go through falling in line with the rest of the applicants. I felt bad though for people who doesn't know anybody inside. They had to wait and wait and wait and wait. Now, I'm really guilty. :(
IMG_3379

My old expired driver's license and other forms that I needed to fill-up.
IMG_3380

I could have not taken the exam but I opted to do so. Though I didn't go through the very long line of applicants, I still want to do the right thing. At least, I did.
IMG_3382

I paid all the fees. P1K plus for my new license.
IMG_3386

Kodakan time. People were watching me and telling me to smile and some said not to. ANUVAH! I was confused. I ended up pouting, as if i was forced to do so. My mugshot indeed looked like my mugshot.
IMG_3389

It says what it says.
IMG_3387

weeee...finally.
IMG_3392


I did it. Woohoo!



*

5 comments:

  1. I find hard to imagine peeing in that urinal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had to sit on the air with that urinal.you need to have a strong, firm thighs when you have a looong pee...and for the shoes, thanks to my dicci... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is my corrupt sister. hahahahaha I hate long lines. I avoid them whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i neither like long lines.... who does? But if it can't be avoided, good thing i have a longer patience.

      Delete